Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Moodswings and Cravings.

Hello world! It has been a while since my last post. I was very busy, and still is. But of course I am still and always grateful with what the Almighty has given me - extra strength and all :)

I have finished the 3Ds Max assignment, the gazebo thingy, and by looking at the final outcome.. OMG? Is this a reflection of my current heart condition? HA. HA. Even my lecturer said so. Oh well. I don't know. It seems so..... Sad. And gloomy. And doomsday-y, you know.. Haha!



Anyways.... Enough with work-related post. It seems like ages since I last post something about food. But first of all, I'm sure you'll find a couple dozens of blogs, reviewing about this new small cafe called "Churreria" that is located in Grand Indonesia. Its dedication is for Spanish churros and chocolate lovers. For those of you who doesn't know what churros are... I'm gonna share a little story here.



Churros are fried-dough pastry-based snacks that comes from Spain. It's also popular in other Southern European countries, the US, and also Australia. There are two types of churros - one is thin (and usually knotted), and the other one long and thick. (Okay, so I basically got this from Wikipedia. Duh??)



Anyways, I've been a die-heart fan of churros. I thank The Club Store (former Grand Lucky), a supermarket in Jakarta's CBD, for introducing me to this delightful snack. The churros in The Club Store were big and longer in size - where in Churreria, they sell the thinner ones. What I like about Churreria is that they serve the churros with chocolate/caramel dips and sprinkled cinnamon. It's a pity that Grand Lucky doesn't serve their previous churros anymore, but they still have the hugest pizza slices in Jakarta, as of I know.



By having us the choice to pick what kind of dips, the caramel is the lucky one. Each time I bite the churro with the caramel dip, it reminded me of the fascinating pretzels, Auntie Anne's! I love their pretzels! Especially the cinnamon ones. Dipped with the caramel or cheese dips = heaven. OMG OMG OMG! I was so pissed to accept the fact that the Auntie Anne's outlet in Singapore was still closed, when I was there, but unfortunately I had a plane to catch. So it was very sad for me.. (who IS STILL craving for a bite of Auntie Anne's pretzels).

And the fact that there are no any other soft pretzels outlet - YET, in Jakarta, breaks my heart. Please bring back Auntie Anne's to the country!





Okay, as you all know... I write with no purpose, well... I basically write what I have in mind. And so I am sorry if this particular post confuses you, because you might ask yourself, "Hey, how come I'm becoming hungry? I thought I was only reading about some stupid and amateur 3Ds by this random girl?" Or yes, if I may interpret, "What's the connection between 3Ds Max with churros and pretzels?" Well, my friend... I don't know the answer myself. I just don't know. I am sorry.

No comments:

Post a Comment