Friday, May 11, 2012

Genius.

Hello! How are you doing lately? I haven't been in the fittest condition for the past few days, *sigh. But on the bright side, I did get better when I finally met my man again last night! Yay!

Okay, so anyways . . . I had the chance to take a look at this year's ICAD exhibition in Grand Kemang, with my work-fellas! Well, a little fyi . . . Indonesian Contemporary Art & Design is the first exhibition that collaborates between design, art, technology, entertainment, and hospitality industries. It involves interior designers, graphic designers, photographers, videographers, painters, sculptors, writers and culinary experts. (Well, basically the whole information that you've just read was from their website here, ha ha!)



Had so much fun exploring the creativity that our nation's young generation could really do. Met some great designers, with their fresh and inspiring minds, who are really warm and friendly! Well, these are just some of my favorites from the exhibition.






Fixielight is amazing, by the way. The light would automatically turns on just by a slight touch on the wheel rail. Well I don't really know what's the proper word for it though, cause I'm not into fixies and all those things. Ha! I guess it's the rail of the wheel, so therefore = wheel rail? Ha, ha. Anyways . . . some really cool stuff. Would totally buy it if it's being mass-product!


And this Dakon seaters, that is built by recycled tins and cans. Well, from the name itself, you might spot where's the inspiration comes from . . . yes, by the Javanese congklak, or . . . yeah, dakon (obviously). The designer of this art piece, Harry Purwanto, is very welcoming and kind. He showed us around to some of the art pieces in that are being exhibited . . . and told us things, on what's behind each piece, the background, the whole idea, and all of those other sorts.




We then continued the day by a lunch at Moe's Place at Jl. Benda, and had a quick peek at the art space Dia.Lo.Gue which was really cool as well. There's an exhibition of Jazz Pasay that is still on until the 16th. Oh. Really love the architecture by Andra Matin. Well, or so I guess. Pardon me if I'm wrong, though.


Anyways, 'twas a fun day indeed. I should get going on this little project of mine that has to be done by tomorrow. WHICH, I haven't even start. PLUS, will have a little visit at a site project tomorrow. Working on a Saturday. Yay. Great.

See you!

No comments:

Post a Comment